Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Guess I Just Wasn't Made For These Times....


Perhaps now is a bad time to out myself as a fan of Mad Men since MadMenYourself.com has pervaded the interwebs and this image has been papering bus stops and billboards everywhere for weeks. But I have to confess, more so than the soap opera-esque storylines of secret identities and infidelities galore, I'm taken in by the relentlessly appealing mise-en-scène: the eye candy of early 1960's costumes, furniture, hairstyles and, admittedly, the constant drinking and smoking that never fails to look artful or charming. Because, once --just once, I'd like to stroll into work and pour myself some whiskey from a fancy decantor.



Update: More awesome nerdiness can be found at The Footnotes of Mad Men

No comments:

Post a Comment